Friday, December 27, 2013

Critical Mass

We have all heard this term before. How if many people all over the world begin to feel one way, they will create a critical mass and shift the goings on of the planet to their way of thinking. What "they" don't tell you is that it takes decades to accomplish. I think there is another form of critical mass thinking and that is more personal. For a while now I have been thinking about a better way of doing things. My Critical Mass thinking is about my own life. I know what needs to be done and if I think about it enough I will eventually do something about it. I will end up seeing my way clear to doing these things that I know have to happen.

This is what I've been up to lately. I need to do three major things:

First and foremost, I need to expand my life expectancy by starting a walking regimen. This has to be followed by a second day and a third and then eventually enough days strung together to make it into a habit. This is one of the hardest things for me to do. I've done it before with some success, but I've always gotten out of the habit at some point. This time I cannot get out of the habit. It needs to continue if I am to continue.

Second, I need to rid myself of all nonsense in my life. By nonsense I mean things that take up my time that serve no purpose, like advertising, television, crafting, buying the new latest gadget, especially when the old one works perfectly well yet. To this I will add getting rid of everything that doesn't work, like the electric company and the phone company, and the everything that doesn't fit into our lifestyle. Getting rid of bills for things that happened years ago.

Third, I need to read more, I need to write more, and I need to create more. These are going to be the things that will sustain me and all of us in the years to come. When the monetary system of our country collapses under it's own unbalanced weight, the people who will be ready to take on the challenges of the future will be those who have information and those who have learned to live without. Story of my life!

So I begin again! Today!

Cindy Koch-Krol

Haunting inside my own mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment