Monday, May 15, 2006

A slight bribe

Today I walked down Baldwin to Garfield Road, where there are several shops, a Sherwin Williams, a flower shop, a salon, a shop that sells rubber stamps, another that sells tobacco, and a Subway Sandwhich shop. I stopped in front of the Sherwin Williams store and looked for a long time a display of wall sized murals which intrigued me greatly except that I have no big walls in my home that are not already covered with quilts. Then I stopped into the Stamp store and marvelled at all the lovely cards that the lady had made from different papers and rubber stamps, colored inks and pens and lovely new techniques of paper craft that I've never imagined, and I have a great imagination!

I stopped at the Subway Shop and got a sandwich for lunch, this was my little bribe for myself of a bit of lunch so that I would get out and walk the mile up to the shop and back. So now I know I can walk a mile. Tomorrow I will walk down to the library about 9/10ths a mile from here. From I will rest there for a few minutes and browse, then I will continue on down to State Street and take some pictures of the gardens down there. I will post them tomorrow if I come up with anything good. I will then grab a bus back home again. That's the plan. We'll see how it goes.

Cindy K-K, the Haunter